Record Store Day 2024
Record Store Day 2024 will take place on Saturday 20th April.
Where can I find details of records being released on Record Store Day?
The full list can be found on the official Record Store Day website here.
Can I pre-order / reserve Record Store Day products?
Stores are bound by the Record Store Day code of conduct which prohibits them from reserving the product for customers or allowing customers to pre-order products. Record Store Day is about the occasion and visiting the store is part of the enjoyment. Consequently, records will be sold on a first come, first served basis!
Will Slide Record Shop be selling all 400+ of the titles released on Record Store Day?
No! We're only little. We order based on wish lists from customers and what we like the look of! If you are after a particular record please let us know here. This helps us order the right records in the right numbers,
How will the day work at Slide ?
Here is what you need to know:
- We are planning a fun day with lots happening. Watch this space for the details
- Slide is located in the Victorian Arcade in Bedford which is locked overnight. If you arrive before the shutters open please queue at the Harpur Street entrance.
- Please respect our neighbours' when queuing inside The Arcade, by keeping entrances clear.
- We will distribute numbered queue tickets from 7am. Once you have your queue ticket you are welcome to leave the queue and rejoin in your numbered place. There are some excellent indie shops in Bedford (more than Cambridge, just saying...) which we recommend you check out.
- Doors open at 8:00am.
- As always releases are sold on a first come first served basis and it is one copy of a release per person.
- Please bear in mind some releases are very, very limited and we won't have received as many as we would have liked. If there is a record you have your heart set on we recommend arriving early.
- Any questions - just ask!