Madison Washington - ((((FACTS))))
A creative outlet for slavery past and present (from the mutiny of slave ships to the hacking of algorithms and microchips); how music from the fields evolved to create Hip-Hop and how Hip-Hop is as relevant a medium for conversations regarding slavery as the music that makes it up ever was.
The seriousness of life is often expressed through the use of music and humour- here ((((FACTS))))) draws together poets, musicians and artists in a collab that explores modern day slavery and provides a path for others to join in and explore their own place in modern day society. This in a medium rich with history and life and open, supportive expression.
Inspired by the historical Madison Washington (who led the first and only successful slave rebellion in the U.S.), Malik Ameer raps on behalf of all the contemporary, and possibly future, runaway slaves. Hence, ((((FACTS)))) attempts to articulate the contemporary abolitionists modus operandi.
As heard in Gilles Peterson and World Wide FM.
1. Bioluminescence feat. Bruce Edward Sherfield
2. (((( ‘Facts )))))
3. Baytrified feat. JTOTHEC
4. My N.Y. feat. Nicole Goodwin
5. Californie Hypnagogique feat. Elgin Wayne Giles
6. Discernment feat. Jamika Ajalon
7. Monkz Point
8. Madame Pomegranate feat. Elgin Wayne Giles
9. U R What U Loop feat. Cecilia Knapp & Lorin Benedict
10. That Feelin’
11. No Cliché feat. A Brother Is...The Line
12. Divine Frankensteins feat. Nicole Goodwin
13. A.I. Gonna Eat You feat. Kirsty Allison
15. Mutineer State Of Mind feat.Lorin Benedict
16. Children Of Sarah Connor
17. Just a Party? Feat. Matt Fiddler & JTOTHEC
Artist: Madison Washington
Label: Def Presse
Format: Vinyl LP
Cat Number: DP0003LP
Released: 19 October 2018